I’m not going to lie. The word ‘luck’ makes me cringe. I mean, look at the definition:
1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person’s life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities
You’ll never catch me telling you, “Good luck!” when it comes to an exam, game, first day of school, first day at a new job, etc. Here’s why I’ll never tell you, you-know-what:
- Luck is a bet.
- Bets are based on probability and outside forces.
- It’s a subtle way to say that your chances are higher if you believe that your circumstances will get you what you want versus having faith in yourself and going after what it is you’re after with all your heart.
A few years ago, I had to bump ‘camaraderie’ down my list of favorite words because ‘faith’ had become my absolute favorite term. Here’s why:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another’s ability.
You’ll always catch me telling you, “Good faith!” when it comes to an exam, game, first day of school, first day at a new job, etc. Here’s why:
- Faith is having confidence in yourself.
- Faith is you working against the odds.
- It’s my way to tell you that I believe in you and your ability to achieve your dreams.
Faith will get you everywhere when you believe. When you have faith in God, He will help you get to where you want to be. It is when you have faith in yourself that you show others that you believe in yourself and have the ability to do whatever your heart desires and that my loves is why you’ll never catch me telling you “Good l*ck!”
I believe in your dreams and your abilities. I believe in you. Whatever you decide to do, go after it and do with your whole heart! Good faith!
Do you believe in luck?
Why or why not?
RachelJanuary 24, 2018
I absolutely love this! I remember years ago when you started doing this. It really put life’s abilities into perspective. I know the Lord must love when we say this because as you said it helps us believe in ourselves, others and for sure the Lord. I will follow in your foot steps and say this too! Good faith in your journey with this blog I know you are going to keep going far!
RachelJanuary 17, 2014
Thank you for your faith in God and another’s!