As we near the end of 2019, I thought I’d share The Best of 2019 Purchases with you guys. I’ll be covering all categories to make sure you hit up these items because #AfterChristmasSales.
– This facial roller is definitely a boujie beauty tool. However, as someone who works a lot and is looking to get better at self-care, I don’t mind rolling and de-puffing my face while I binge on Netflix. The rose quartz in this tool is sustainably-sourced and very cool to the touch even at room-temperature.
– This cleanser is the first I’ve used that does NOT leave that after-cleansing tight and dry feeling. And trust me, I’ve tested a lot of cleansers.
– Speaking of drying, this clay mask is amazing! Quite possibly the first clay mask I’ve used that leaves a moisturizing, soft feeling!
– This squalane oil is the first product where it does NOT leave an oily residue. Just a few drops is enough for my entire face.
– As a sufferer of milia, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect peel. I’ve only used this peel a handful of times and I’m LOVING the results so far! It’s really weird at first because you look like you just had a vampire facial. Do NOT use this on wet skin. And yes, your face will itch like hell!
– I haven’t worn mascara in years. When the Lancôme team at Northpark gifted me a tube, I decided to give mascara another try. For a waterproof formula, it wasn’t drying either. My short and stick straight lashes were soft and had a bit of a curl. The staying power lasted through my day job and my gym time. Color me impressed!
– Aside from Davines products, Playa is one of three hair products I have in my bathroom. This oil is very lightweight and the scent is fresh. A little goes a long way even if you have long hair.
WELLNESS– When this collection from Carbon38 dropped, I knew I had to get the black leopard sports bra and matching .
My sports bra has been through months of washes and still looks new! If you sweat a ton like me, I promise this bra will NOT stick to you after your sweat session! FYI, this bra is NOT supportive for women with bigger chests.
– These leggings are great for sweat sessions. However, I wish the width of the waistband was smaller. Wonderful leggings, but the waistband was too thick for my preference.
– I haven’t worn casual slides like these in a long time. Let’s just say, I’m never taking ’em off!
– I’ve tested a lot of running sneakers for the last several years and these take the cake! If you’ve been following my running journey, you know that I sustained injuries while training for my . Well, these babies did the trick for my recent turkey trot race. My feet didn’t hurt afterwards either! Pretty sure these are #1 on my Best of 2019 Purchases list for sure! – After months of putting these through the test at the gym and through the washer, suffice to say, these babies are still going strong! If you’re wondering how I take care of them, I put them in a zipped pillow case when I wash them and let them air dry.
– When Marianna’s collab with DL1961 dropped a few months back, I had to pull the trigger and get myself another pair of DLs! And these sustainable jeans have on repeat ever since. They give off a leather-look vibe, but are completely stretchy and breathable! Did I mention these are currently on major sale? You’re welcome.
– I finished Remi’s book back in May. And I have to say that his book is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time! He makes you contemplate life in a good way. After I finished reading, I started reflecting on my past and dreamed about the future. If you want to get a fire lit under your butt for 2020 and this next decade, I highly recommend you read this book! – Although I didn’t buy this myself, I needed to include this in my Best of 2019 Purchases list because it’s helped me to increase my water intake significantly. Am I drinking my recommended daily amount? No, but I’m getting better everyday because of it! If you’re struggling with drinking enough water, do yourself a favor and get one for 2020! I promise, it’s worth every penny!
And that’s it for my best of 2019 purchases!
This list is quite small as I’ve pulled back the reins on my spending this year. I will be continuing on the path of quality versus quantity in 2020 so stay tuned!
Let me know if you end up getting anything from my list. I’d love to know what you think!