Before the new year started, I set a goal to concentrate on three things: my finances, my blog and my skin. Well, I’m well under way with the first two so you get two beauty posts this week, friends! Aren’t you lucky?
Let’s talk about nighttime skincare routines along with products I’m loving and am currently trying!
Here’s what I do for my nighttime skincare routine:
- Take off my makeup with these makeup wipes (I use the wipes without the cold cream formula). These face wipes are my absolute favorite! I’ve used them for over five years so I’m definitely loyal to them. I switched to another brand once and once was all it took, ha!
- Next, I wash my face and neck with this face wash as it’s gentle on my skin. I use this face brush with my face wash about twice a week as I don’t want to over exfoliate. Sidenote, I want this travel face brush since I travel quite often!
- I pat my face dry. You never want to scrub your face as it can break capillaries.
- After that, I take a toner pad and like linking Instagram stories, I swipe it all over my face to make sure I pick up any dirt/makeup I’ve missed.
- If it’s time, I’ll use these Patchology facial sheets about once every two weeks and rotate it between this face mask. If I use the face mask, I’ll put on some eye and face cream or face oil. And if I use the facial sheets, I just rub in the product from the sheet and go to bed. Both of these products are most likely made in Heaven so I’m going to claim them my holy grail products. Just saying.
Here are some products I love or trying:
- I’ve used Oil of Olay all throughout high school and my skin was ah-mazing! I just grabbed a bottle to go back to my roots a few weeks ago. If you’re on a tight budget, this is my go-to product.
- Earlier this summer, I was educated on a deeper level about the La Mer brand from a beauty associate. I ended up walking away with a few La Mer samples to try out. Secretly, I was hoping that I wouldn’t like them because their product line is pretty pricey.
- Well, I’m almost done with my La Mer moisturizing cream sample. And you know what? I’m so sad that I’m near the bottom of my tiny jar. Their products really do live up to its hype. I know what you’re asking, “What are you going to do now, Huong?” Save. I’m going to save my money my friends because skincare is an investment. At least that’s how I like to see it!
And that’s it for my nighttime skincare routine!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS:
Side note: A few weeks ago, I went to the Nordstrom beauty event to check out Dr. Dennis Gross products in person. I had heard so much about them and how it can help with milia/textured skin so after picking up my face wash, I was introduced to Enrique, their product specialist, who then introduced this facial steamer while he was explaining how to use their daily peel. I ended up using the face steamer, peel, and face mask. Here I was in the middle of Nordstrom with a bright blue mask on.
Don’t worry, many people were staring. Don’t worry, I didn’t care. Oh and let’s not forget, there’s video of it too, haha! When Enrique used this Hyaluronic Marine Oil Free Moisture Cushion on my face, I about died. My skin felt sooo much better! I’m pretty sure I’m going to be a big fan of Dr. Dennis Gross very soon!
What’s your nighttime skincare routine?
Let me know about some of your favorite skincare products in the comments below!
Happy Friday Eve!