Happy March, loves! I can’t believe it’s time for our monthly coffee date again! Can you believe spring is just around the corner?! I seriously can’t wait for peony season!
Boy have I been a busy bee since 2017 started! In the midst of this crazy chaos called life, I wanted to take a second to see how YOU’VE been doing since our last caffeinated meeting. For coffee date No. 2, I want to get some updates on what you’ve been up to for the last few months as well as give you some updates on my life.
Here we go!
How are the first few months of your year going?
- What goals did you set for the new year?
- What’s your theme song for 2017?
- Any new/fun projects you’re working on?
- Have you planned or gone on any trips?
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished so far?
- Personally, I don’t believe in new years resolutions, just personal goals. This year, one of my main goals is to be consistent in everything I do. From reading one book every two weeks to washing my face every night (meaning a nightly skincare routine not just face wiping my makeup off) to working out at LEAST 15 minutes a day, I want to be consistent in every area of my life. My second goal is to do less more. I’ll be honest. At first, it was hard to say no to a lot of things (especially to good friends). But making sure I do less so I could do more of what aligns with my goals has kept me sane and hyper-focused these first few months.
- It’s a song from a few years ago, but I’d definitely say that Something Big by Shawn Mendes is my theme song for 2017 with what I have planned, ha!
- My new-ish project is restarting a nutrition course next month. I had to take it off my plate last year since life got a bit crazy. Growing and advancing this blog and my social media feeds are my current ongoing projects during this season of my life.
- I went to NYC as a belated birthday gift from my closest friends in mid-January. I also went to Orlando at the end of January for a business trip. Orlando was such a nice change from the usual cold Chitown. For NYC, I had an absolute blast with my besties! We walked everywhere and our walks included finding Bergdorf Goodman and Ladurée. Taking time to get away with my girls was so needed. Feel free to check out my trip to New York!
- During the first week of January, I finished my course to be a certified emotional intelligence trainer! My class started back in the fall and ending the course a week into the new year was a great start! Apparently my certification is the first of its kind too! Since I love the topic of communication, I wanted to learn more about emotional intelligence. To get certified in it was an added bonus! Most importantly, to take the course to improve my EQ meant the improvement of my people skills. As hard and intense as it was, it was totally worth every second. Jen, if you happen to read this, thank you! You’re the best! xo
That’s it for our coffee date No. 2! I hope you’ve had a great start to 2017!
Comment below what you’ve been up to because I can’t wait to read your answers and get to know you better!
Image via Marianna Hewitt (LOVE her!)