I don’t know about you, but as I get older, I like to keep things simple. The less complicated, the better. I think that’s why I’ve gravitated towards neutrals when it comes to my wardrobe lately. My beauty must-haves? Same. Less than 10 products is in my makeup bag and I’m a happy camper!
For today’s post, I wanted to share with you five non-negotiable style and beauty must-haves to make getting ready much easier for you!
- When it comes to beauty, I really like to keep it simple. Give me some moisturizer, concealer, face powder, liquid eyeliner, blush and a lip color of some kind and I’m set! However, if I have extra time or want to take it up a notch, I’ll add highlighter and eye makeup to enhance my look. One of my beauty-must haves is a neutral eyeshadow palette that can take your look from day to night. I’ll let you in on one of my beauty secrets. When I want a softer look, instead of using a pencil liner and smudging it with my fingers, I just line my lids using the darkest eyeshadow shade. I’ve found this method to be quick and easier to wipe off at the end of the day!
- If you’re like me and prefer to wear jewelry minimally, invest in a pair of earrings with a hint of shimmer. Personally, I prefer drop earrings to elevate my look without going overboard. When I attend events, I always get asked where I got my Emmy earrings. I actually designed these myself and it feels great to know I did a good job! You can design your earrings too!
- For your shoe game, I highly recommend a pair of neutral heels. Choose a minimal style to get the most wear for your investment. A pair of versatile shoes that are easy to walk in can dress up a casual jeans and tee look, not to mention it will go with everything in your closet. I resisted investing in a pair of neutral heels for a long time thinking I didn’t need them. After putting looks together for my trips, I realized I kept missing a wardrobe staple so I caved and purchased a minimal nude heel. Cost divided by times per wear and I’m happy because they were worth it!
- When it comes to a natural makeup look, you can never go wrong with a nude lipstick. A major beauty must-have in my book is a neutral lip color with a blush pink hue. For classier make up looks, I recommend this lipstick, this lipstick in Blankety or this nude lipgloss. Since simple is the name of my makeup game, I picked up this 5-minute makeup set while I was in NYC last weekend. I’ll report back on it soon!
- Lastly, I honestly think that fragrance is “the finisher” of an outfit. To me, the fragrance you choose is what you want people to remember you by. Growing up, I remember going shopping with my mom. And her first ever fragrance purchase was Lancôme’s Trésor. She’s only worn three scents that I know of: Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door, Lancôme’s Trésor and Lancôme’s Poeme. So when it comes to my signature scent, I want to be selective just like her. I use Aerin’s Amber Musk and my favorite Chanel fragrance I absolutely love. Miu Miu is currently sitting on my dresser and I plan on adding Tom Ford’s Shanghai Lily. No pun intended on the Asian scent. For my next special fragrance, I’m totally eyeing Clive Christian’s No. 1, but it’ll be a long time before I make that kind investment though.
My Michael Kors makeup bag is old, but here’s a makeup bag similar in style and color.
I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my style and beauty-must haves. In the meantime, if you need some feedback on any of these products, please let me know!
What are your top style and beauty must-haves?
SHOP THE LOOK: