I am not a shopaholic. I am helping the economy.
The Superbowl of all sales is here once again! The 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has arrived for cardmembers and trust me when I say that there will only be 2-3 posts about this sale from me, max.I know you’ve already been bombarded by other bloggers so I want to contribute to the conversation by shopping like a guy.
Know what you want, get in, get it, and get out, haha!
For those of you who are new to the Anniversary Sale (which I think there are very few and far in between), I’ll keep it short and sweet.
I’m going to give you some quick bullet points about the sale, how I personally shop the biggest event of the year (which isn’t like most bloggers), and share my picks. Let’s get started!
WHAT IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
The anniversary sale is essentially an early access event where you can shop new fall/winter arrivals at very low price points. Instead of waiting for cold weather items to go on sale, Nordstrom reverses it. Items are marked down first so you can get them before the season starts. After the sale, prices go back up to retail and then gets marked down again after the season is over.
WHEN IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access runs from July 12-19, 2019. Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Public Access runs between July 19-August 4.
WHO CAN SHOP IT?
Everyone. Depending on the “tier” you fall under is when you can shop the sale. Here are the levels determined by spend:
ICON & AMBASSADOR MEMBERS – $5,000+ / INFLUENCER – $2000+
Icon members can shop Tuesday, July 9th, in-store only
Ambassadors and Influencers can shop Wednesday, July 10th & 11th, in-store and again online Thursday, July 11th at 12:30pm EST
ALL CARDMEMBERS (Insider – $500+ and Member – $0-$499)
All Nordstrom Cardholders can shop the sale Friday, July 12th at 12:30pm EST in-store AND online through Thursday, July 18th
PUBLIC ACCESS – FOR ALL NON-NORDSTROM CARD HOLDERS
Friday, July 19th (time TBD) through Sunday, August 4th.
Prices go back up on Monday, August 5th.
Nordy Club Icons and Ambassadors were able to shop in-store and online for the last few days, so if you were a part of that bunch, I hope you had fun because as an Insider (::Amanda Bynes voice:: that’s me!), it’s my turn, haha!
HOW I SHOP THE SALE
- I make a list of everything I need after I survey my closet and beauty drawers. Since Nordstrom has free shipping and returns, I order everything and then return what I don’t want.
- When the sale goes live, I order clothing and shoes online first (which is very rare) and select in-store pick up. Denim and shoes usually sell out fast so I check out with those categories first.
- Opting for in-store pick up is my favorite way to shop since I’m not a fan of huge crowds. When I’m in-store, that’s when I take my time to browse other items on my wishlist that I didn’t order right away. Seeing fabrics, quality, and size of items helps me determine if I want to purchase in-person for a second round.
- Once I get everything in, I get really honest with myself. If it’s not a “10” to me, I don’t keep it.
- Lastly, I use my double points on the day I shop the sale so I can earn my Nordstrom notes (2,000 points = $20 note).
Shopping this sale can get quite overwhelming as Nordstrom’s inventory is HUGE during this event. So this year, I wanted to share with you some things I have my eye on and give you short reviews on items I’ve purchased during past sales that I use and love.
Below are items I love, already own or am adding to my cart for the sale. I’ve added my reviews in the caption of the image so all you have to do is click to shop that item!
HERE ARE MY TOP PICKS:
HERE’S WHAT I ORDERED:
Happy shopping! In the meantime, here’s my Nordstrom Anniversary haul from last year and reviews on what I purchased.
Are you shopping the sale or skipping out? Iif you choose to use my links, thank you SO much! I do make a small commission when you make a purchase. I appreciate your support as this is one way I provide for my family!
Note: This is NOT a sponsored post. I was not gifted any products nor was I compensated by Nordstrom or asked to write about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. All opinions are my own.