The Sephora Holiday Bonus Beauty Insider Event is here just in time to nab your favorite products and if you’re feeling ambitious enough, you can get ahead on your Christmas list for the beauty lovers in your life too. I’ve been behind on my Christmas shopping for the last two years, so I’m determined to at least cross a few people off my list early this year! We’ll see though, ha!
The 411 on the Holiday Bonus Beauty Insider Event
- Rouge Members: Friday, October 26 – Monday, October 29 AND Friday, November 2 – Monday, November 5 • Rouge members get 20% off with code: ROUGEBONUS two weekends earlier than Beauty Insider and VIB members. Note: Obviously, the majority of dates have already passed for the first round, but I also knew that most of you guys are at the level of Insider or VIB like me so I wanted to wait to share this sale.
- VIB Members: Friday, November 9 – Monday, November 12 • VIB Members (::Amanda Bynes voice:: “That’s me!”) get 20% off with code: VIBBonus
- Insiders/ Non-BI members: Friday, November 16 – Monday, November 19 • Insiders/ Non-BI members get 15% off with code: BIBONUS
When I share sales with you guys, I tend to write about Sephora most of the time as I love their company, shop there a ton, love their customer service and the brands/products they carry. If you don’t shop at Sephora much or never have, I highly recommend you do for all your beauty needs.
Now for the fun part of the post! Here are my product recommendations that I’ve recently put to the test since my last beauty post and some new-to-me products I want to try!
Since my last Sephora Sale Alert post, here’s what I’ve tried and my quick review on them:
- SUMMER FRIDAYS Jet Lag Mask – After many months, I finally got my hands on this steel blue tube. Y’all, Summer Fridays founders, Lauren and Marianna, KNOW what they’re doing. My skin is so plump and soft the next morning! I also think it fills in my forehead lines too which makes me question my sanity, haha! I just need a dime-size for my face and neck and loveee that I don’t have to wash it off! Great product that works and one less step to do in my nightly routine? Yes, please!
- LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask – This mask goes on SO cold and feels so good after a long day. I wake up to super soft skin and love how my skin feels cold after I wash it off in the morning too.
- OLAPLEX No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo – I must preface that I have very thick, coarse and wavy hair. The raving reviews are true! Olaplex is so good! Since I wash my hair twice a week and rotate shampoos, a full review of this product will happen sometime early next year.
- YVES SAINT LAURENT Touche Eclat Blur Primer – Aside from the Touche Eclat concealer, this is quite possibly one of YSL’s best products! This primer is everything. It glides on so smoothly, isn’t greasy and foundation goes on flawlessly! One pump is all I need for my face and neck. I may do a full review soon!
Skincare Products I Want to Try:
As a budding skincare junkie, I’m not shy when it comes to checking out brands and trying new products. I’m almost at the bottom of my current facial cleanser so I’m on the hunt for some new brands to try too.
- SUPERGOOP! Everyday Sunscreen with SPF 50 – I heard SO much about this sunscreen and considering I’m deeply in love with my Tatcha sunscreen, I look forward to seeing if this sunscreen is an equal contender!
- KATE SOMERVILLE Exfolikate Cleanser – One of my former co-workers told me about her love for this brand years ago. I can’t wait to test out this mini myself and let her know what I think!
- FARMACY Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm – I love the idea of cleansing balms. A couple of months ago, I got a Farmacy mini and even bought my sister-in-love some products for her birthday. I can tell they’re a great brand before I even try their products so I have high expectations for this balm!
- TATCHA Pore-Perfecting Moisturizer & Cleanser Duo – I have huge pores on and around my nose so for $25, I’m willing to try this set since I’m already a Tatcha fan!
- SUMMER FRIDAYS Overtime Mask – Considering I love the Jet Lag Mask, need I say more?
- FRESH Sugar Face Polish – I already love Fresh’s lip treatment and sugar lip scrub so I’d love to try their face polish!
Makeup Products I Want to Try:
If you know me, you know that I love neutrals, especially with makeup. So, if I’m going to branch out, I’m going for these palettes in these gorgeous shades!
- NARS Hot Tryst Cheek Palette – With my olive skin tone, it’s hard to find a cheek palette with different colors I need for various looks. I think this new release might be a winner! Check out Sabrina’s review of the Nars Holiday 2018 Collection!
- URBAN DECAY Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette – I heard SO many great things about this palette and as someone who has one of their neutral palettes, I’m not opposed to trying these shades! I think they’re PERFECT for the fall and holiday season!
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY Stars in Your Eyes – Four words as to why I want to try this palette: ‘Charlotte Tilbury’ and ‘Lydia Millen’. That is all.
- GLAMGLOW Supermud Charcoal Mask – This brand is one of the first-ever masks I tried. It really does suck out all of the excess oil your skin produces, unclogs pores and impurities. When I feel like I need a good deep “cleanse”, this is my go-to mask!
- DRUNK ELEPHANT Sukari Baby Facial – In a previous post, I’ve mentioned that I have milia. I have started using this product, but didn’t use it everyday as it’s a resurfacing product. With a resurfacing product, I know my skin is more sensitive to sun exposure so I didn’t use it heavily. I will say it’s a great product and my milia is slowly going away. I’ll be upping my usage during the holidays to see a bigger difference. If you suffer from milia, don’t fret. I’ll be reporting back very soon!
I love shopping these sales to buy products to try and stock up my beauty drawers for the year. One of my favorite things I love about Sephora is that I can make returns for free if the product doesn’t work for me. Sales associates are also happy to give me samples of products I want to try and are incredibly knowledgable too.
I used to not consider myself a beauty blogger.
But as my skincare and beauty drawers are growing, I’m not denying that I’m becoming a beauty blogger either, ha! As time goes on, I realize that my love for skincare and makeup come from my mom and aunt. And lately, I feel like I shouldn’t hold back from sharing what the girlie side of me likes to nerd out on. All this to say that you’ll be seeing more beauty posts from me in the future!
What Sephora Holiday Bonus Beauty Insider Event event favorites do you have your eye on?
If you’ve used any of these beauty products I’ve mentioned above, please feel free to leave me your feedback. I’d love to know your thoughts and find new-to-me brands.
Oh and if you have any questions about any of the products I’ve mentioned or about beauty in general, please feel free to leave a comment, email me or DM me on Instagram. I’m more than happy to help you!
Stay tuned because I’ll be sharing some full product reviews and what will be in my shopping cart!
Note: Any product that I’ve mentioned that I love, I purchased myself. I was not gifted these products nor was I compensated or asked to review these products by Sephora or any (beauty) brand. All opinions are solely my own.