Taking Time to Celebrate: My 2018 Achievements
At the beginning of each year, I like to take time to reflect on where I began and finished in all areas of my life. However, last year was the first time I reflected on my achievements. And if I’m being honest, it felt a little weird because I didn’t want to give a “showing off” vibe when I wrote about it.
However, the more I thought about it when writing this post, the more I realized that we don’t really take time to acknowledge our achievements. Like, at all. Wouldn’t you agree?
Often times, we’re so focused on our daily lives that we don’t give ourselves time to soak up our achievements. And even more so? We don’t celebrate what we’ve worked so hard for. And from what my friend, Megan, has reminded me most of this last year is to celebrate life more often.
But I can’t say that I’ve done a good job with that this last year.
Again, I’m pretty consistent in writing down my goals, but never in its entirety. I feel like I can’t complete my new year’s goals until the previous 365 days are 100% complete, but hey, I’m weird like that.
Without further ado, this is me celebrating my 2018 achievements:
PERSONAL 2018 ACHIEVEMENTS
My personal life was more of a struggle than ever this year, but I’m still proud of my personal achievements.
- I learned to practice self-care and in turn, self-care days along with my evening quiet time reading the Bible has helped with my struggles with anxiety.
- I hit my one year gym anniversary in the fall! Trust me, I’m still shocked. I learned so much about what it takes to stay consistent and push my body. And it’s something I’ll be taking into the new year with me and cranking it up even higher.
- My running journey began. Once my bestie completed her first triathlon, I figured, “Why not?” when she asked me to join her in a relay triathlon this coming summer. What is a fun life without challenging yourself, right? I even ran a full 5K without stopping (which has never happened before)!
- I went through training to become an identity coach. It has been fulfilling to help people find their calling and guide others on what to do about their calling.
- I went on more meaningful-to-me trips. And on one trip, I experienced my turning point.
PROFESSIONAL 2018 ACHIEVEMENTS
I know I could’ve done way better in 2018 in terms of professional achievements. Sometimes a season where you don’t feel like anything is happening is preparing you for big opportunities in the future.
- I learned to say no more during my second year of blogging than my first year. And to say no to brands that didn’t align with my vision felt good yet difficult at the same time.
- My photography skills improved so much to a point where a big brand approached me to take images for them.
- I took a leap to invest in a program (in which I will complete this month) to help me establish and grow my relationships with brands.
- I learned the root cause of my fear of success, the very thing that’s been holding me back from going for my dreams.
- She Sweats Diamonds turned one! Even though I missed it because I was sick, I was still proud of myself for blogging five days a week with a full-time day job the year before!
I’m proud of my personal and professional growth this year. However, if I’m being honest, the overachieving side of me really wishes I could’ve done more. Then again, during my “year of rest”, I learned that taking a weekly Sabbath from anything work-related does wonders for my creativity!
With that said, I welcome 2019 with open arms! I cannot wait to see who I meet, what brands I’ll work with and all the fantastic and positive things this lovely year will bring!
What are your 2018 achievements?
I’d love to hear it in the comments below and celebrate with you as we enter into the new year!0