One of the biggest sales of the year kicks off one week from today! Yep, it’s the 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I mean, how did you know? Every other blogger on the planet told you, right? Figures. I’m not going to do one of those collages to tell you what to buy from the sale. Rather, I want to give you the deets, some tips and how I plan on shopping the sale myself. Here we go!
WHEN IS THE SALE?
Early access for all Nordstrom cardholders (this includes Nordstrom debit card holders; (Edit: I found out that this option is no longer available as of two months ago. However, if you’re a current Rewards member, you can still use your card normally) – Thursday, July 13, 2017
2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public – Friday, July 21, 2017
Sale ends and items go back to their original retail price – Sunday, August 6, 2017
BEFORE THE SALE:
- Take some major inventory of your closet and ask yourself these questions:
What do I need for fall/winter?
Here are some ideas to about in terms of categories:
- Basics (camis, tees, undergarments, etc.)
- Sweaters/cardigans (styles: v-neck, cowl neck, turtleneck, slouchy, boyfriend, waterfall, basic)
- Work dress(es) (longer sleeves, sweater dresses, dark-colored)
- Jeans (dark wash, black, grey)
- Coats (think of fall and winter colors like camel, grey, cream, white, black, red, bordeaux)
- Boots, booties, ankle booties (black, navy blue, olive green, bordeaux, grey, brown, suede, faux leather/leather)
- Scarves (lightweight, prints, wool, cashmere)
- Hats, wraps and capes
What do I need to replace?
Here are some things to consider:
- Do you need some thin sweaters for layering?
- Is it time to invest in a cashmere sweater?
- Do you have some grey or black jeans for the upcoming season?
- Is there a thicker coat you need for the winter?
- Do you have plenty of heavy outerwear, but need a lightweight jacket?
- Is your favorite belt starting to peel?
- Are your boots finally on it’s last legs and you know it won’t last through the season?
- How about some new workout shoes?
- Do you need some new luggage for an upcoming trip?
- Any beauty items you need to stock up on for the next year? (Lots of people love to buy Kiehl’s and Philosophy sets during this time of the year)
What do I want?
It’s okay to splurge a little:
- Technology (ie. phone cases, laptop cases, etc.)
- Extra pair of boots (since you have a pair of booties, why not go for some OTK boots?)
- Extra pair of jeans (Hey, if you’ve got a favorite pair, why not stock up when it’s on sale?)
- Beauty (great time to invest in a face brush, try out microneedling, nab some La Mer, etc.)
- Jewelry (Add a pair of pretty drop earrings to your cart for those future holiday parties)
- Handbags (You can never have enough handbags, lol)
- Something for the home (candles, diffusers, etc.)
2. Check out the sale catalog, write down the product name, style number and name of the color and your size.
3. Open up an online account, that way, you can save items to your wishlist after you purchase the items you really need.
DURING THE SALE:
- Access the Nordstrom sale through eBates (which is a site that allows you to earn cash back while you shop online; I’ve gotten over $100 back over the years) and just hit refresh as soon as the sale goes live.
- Make sure you read the product description to see what clothes are made out of and how to care for your item(s). If you know you’re not a dry cleaning kind of gal, don’t buy it. Save yourself time and money. Here are my fool-proof online shopping tips!
- If they’re on your list, go for items that are going to sell out fast. In the past, items that have sold quickly were jewelry, handbags, boots (especially Tory Burch and Stuart Weitzman), outerwear and certain beauty brands. The Nars, MAC and Charlotte Tilbury sets will sell out.
- Popular brands I’ve seen in the past are Tory Burch and Stuart Weitzman for boots, Kendra Scott for jewelry (especially earrings), Zella for workout pants (not sure if their black leggings will be back this year), Michael Kors and Michele watches, Clarisonic brush (now is the time to invest in this amazing beauty product!) and AG and Paige for jeans.
- Peruse the entire sale because I can guarantee that there will be items that will be a part of the sale that aren’t in the catalog!
- If it’s sold out, call up Nordstrom or use their chat box and have your product name, style number and name of the color and your size. You never know if they can locate what you’re looking for in another store!
I don’t plan on splurging too much this year, but I’ve yet to take inventory of my closet so I’ll be doing that this week. However, I’m totally eyeing some block heel booties in black, the Diptyque candle set and the T3 Featherweight 2 Hairdryer for sure!
Is there anything you’re eyeing?
If you’ve never shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, I hope this guide has been a big help! Happy Friday Eve!
Note: This is NOT a sponsored post. I was not gifted any products nor was I compensated by Nordstrom or asked to write about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. All opinions are my own.