Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. Sometimes I think I’m meant to live in the Carolinas, Virginia or the New England area in general just so I can really live out my autumnal dreams, haha!
For today’s post, I thought it would be fun to keep it casual and talk about things I’m looking forward to most as the fall season approaches. Let me know if any of these resonate with you!
- Cooler weather – As someone who endures warm–er hot weather almost year round, I always look forward to cooler weather. So much that I actually like winter too! I know, right?
- Opening windows at night – Speaking of, my electric bill tends to be dangerously low when it comes to fall. I love, love, love opening my windows at night. It feels so good to feel that light breeze as I sleep!
- Candles – I’m a huge fan of Bath and Body Works candles, but after taking inventory during a recent power outage from some storms, I’m only allowing myself to buy a few candles for fall since I have more than enough for Christmas. However, I’m not stopping myself from splurging on a bit more Diptyque candles for fall though!
- Being more of a homebody – I feel like I’m already a homebody most of the time, but to stay in and curl up on the couch? It’s more appealing during any other time of the year, don’t you agree?
- Trees changing color – I honestly believe one of nature’s most beautiful things to see are trees changing colors. I want to visit the New England area next year to see all the colorful tree-lined streets. Caitlin over at Southern Curls & Pearls wrote a fall foliage guide last year on how to plan for one so I’ll be using it for sure! (Sarah/Rachie, if you’re reading this, let’s do it!) I mean, I have a thing for trees so much that I have a board on Pinterest for them!
- Crunchy leaves – What’s fall without stepping on crunchy leaves?! The child in me will always go out of her way to step on/jump in piles of crunchy leaves every year.
- Fall smells – Cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg, ginger, fall spices in general…ahhh. I plan on sharing how to fill your home with your own fall scents soon!
- Pumpkin spice – I know. This makes me so basic, but I prefer pumpkin spice in a frapp rather than a latte. Does that make me less basic? LOL!
- Fall fashion – Give me all the oversized sweaters, leggings, faux leather jackets, booties/boots and scarves! Aside from that, I love darker, jewel-toned colors, textures, neutrals, and layering! I’ll be sharing tons of fall outfits so stay tuned!
- Gaining an extra hour – Need I say more?!
- Relaxed vibes – Is it me or does it seem like people are more relaxed come fall? I know I’m looking forward to seeing people a bit more relaxed. Relaxed people = less stress for everyone else.
- Food – Chili, soups, squash, pumpkin, caramel apples, casseroles, slow cooker recipes, apple cider, pie and all the comfort food there is! Aren’t I lucky I was born and raised in the south?!
- Events – Aside from football season, I always look forward to the Texas State Fair. Give me a corny dog, some corn on the cob and the car shows and I’m a happy camper! I skipped last year, so hopefully I’ll have the time to go this year.
- Home decor – Switching out colors for neutrals and cozy textures is my jam! I have never done this before, but I’ll be on the hunt for a nice fall wreath for my apartment in the next few weeks. I think it’ll add an inviting yet cozy vibe. Home Goods, I’m coming for you!
- Shopping – I love shopping during the fall! It seems like the selection is much bigger during autumn so it’s fun to browse and see what’s new in fashion and home decor for the season. There’s just something about strolling around outdoor shopping areas with my girlfriends (like the Southlake Town Square) with some kind of Starbucks drink in hand, chatting and laughing with them.
That’s it! Just so you know, I kept this list short because obviously, there’s a ton more I’m looking forward to, but these are the ones that I’m most excited about!
What about you?
What are you looking forward to the most this fall?
Don’t forget to enter the Smile Brilliant giveaway for a chance to win a FREE teeth whitening kit!
Image via Happily Grey