I’m looking forward to the next week where I’ll be spending some of my vacation time from my day job to celebrate a best friend’s birthday in New England. Not going to lie. I’m so excited, I can’t contain myself!
Anyway, considering I’m a huge fan of The Newsette‘s newsletter (I wrote about them awhile back), I thought sharing my own answers inspired by their “What’s In Your Bag” series would be fun and fitting for the upcoming vacation season.
Here we go!
What’s been your favorite travel destination so far?
Nationally, I’d say it’s a three-way tie between Long Beach, California, Alaska, and New York City. Each place offers something different that I love. Internationally, I loved Santorini and Italy. European people truly know how to live.
How often do you travel?
I used to travel about four or more times a year for several years. However, since I’ve closed that chapter of my life, I travel once to three times a year. I hope to see more of the world on an international level soon.
What type of bag or carry-on do you use?
I’ve used my Street Level reversible tote for work and travel for nearly seven years. It’s just under $50, holds a ton, and is super sturdy! I’ve purchased it in several color combinations over time, rotate them based on season, and they’ve lasted SO long. I’m actually quite impressed how they’ve held up because I’m very hard on my bags.
I will say that I do have my eye on a few investment work/travel totes like this gorgeous shopping tote, this business bag and this canvas tote (but in a more classic color combination) for the future.
What goes in it?
1. When I travel, my Apple MacBook Pro, Mophie Powerstation, iPhone, and Airpods come with me as far as electronics go. I used to never travel with my laptop, but now, I actually prefer using it over my iPhone to get tasks done.
2. My glasses and sunglasses (these are on super sale!) are a must. I’m getting braver on taking my investment sunglasses with me rather than my $20 pairs. I used to take cheap pairs with me because if I ever lost them, it wouldn’t be painful on my wallet.
3. Notebook and pen. When it comes to ideas and taking notes, I like putting pen to paper, especially if it’s a short plane ride. My notebook hoarding got pretty bad so I’m trying to get better at using what I’ve already purchased.
4. My vitamins. God, I cannot live without them. Forgetting my vitamins is as bad as forgetting my phone. They’re that good that I’m comparing them to forgetting my phone so you can understand the level of pain this void brings. My regimen is pharmaceutical grade and includes prenatals, BioMega (fish oil), Proflavnol C (vitamin C), Procosa (glucosamine with tumeric), and Vitamin D (I call it my happy pill).
5. One must-have is my Away Travel Mini (Sabrina did a great travel case review of them) consisting of my favorite eyebrow pencil, liquid eyeliner, lipstick, lipgloss, inhaler, medicine, nail grooming set, gum, and hair ties. It’s very well-made and holds a TON! I have two and planning on getting one more this year. If you want one, just know they’re only released once a year during the holidays and make fantastic gifts! I’d subscribe to their newsletter so you don’t miss out because they sell extremely fast!
One time, I packed light for a business trip, thinking I was going to be fine. Nope, I ended up regretting it so I no longer travel light by any means, especially when it comes to outfits. Hey, a girl needs options!
I hope you enjoyed my answers today considering this post is basically me giving you permission to go through my bag, ha!
What do you have in your travel bag?
Leave a comment below because I’d love to know what you have in your stash!
Image via From Luxe With Love
A big thank you to The Newsette team for inspiring today’s post! If you want the latest news in fashion, tech, beauty, and business, subscribe to their newsletter! I rarely ever subscribe to a newsletter brand, but I love their vibe and the type of news and inspiration they bring to my inbox!