Happy Tuesday, loves! Today, I wanted to continue the beauty talk and share with you my daily makeup routine. At the beginning of summer, I shared with my absolute favorite beauty products with you. I still stand by them all so I thought it would be fun to share how I incorporate them into makeup routine!
My daily makeup routine takes me about ten minutes since I’m always rushing out the door. For real?! Yep, for real! These beauty products are always in my makeup bag so consider this my tried and true routine! By no means am I a professional at makeup. This is just what I do when I’m short on time.
This is the order I do my makeup in:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil – I start my makeup by brushing my brows with the spoolie on the end and smooth my hairs out. I mean, I’m not blessed with super thick brows so my eyebrow hair is always messed up in the morning. (I like to call it ‘bed brows’ lol!) Next, I angle my pencil and draw along the bottom edge of my brow to give it some shape. Then I fill it in and repeat for the other brow. I don’t tend to do short brush strokes with my brow pencil, but I will if I’m using dipbrow pomade with a mini brow brush. The angle of the brow brush is a perfect size. All I do is dip it in the pomade and lightly press it where there are hairs missing. I use the color granite in both the pencil and the pomade because I think a dark grey looks better on me than dark brown or black.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation – Next up, I put my beautyblender under some running water and give it a couple of squeezes before I squeeze out all of the water (I prefer my bb to be lightly damp). Next, I put one pump of my foundation onto the fat end of my bb and dab it under my eyes, slightly above my cheeks, on my jaw line, under my nose and across my forehead in a zigzag pattern. I blend it all in by tapping/bouncing my bb on my skin so I don’t get streaks. For reference, my shade is 7.
- YSL Touche Éclat – After I finish applying my foundation, I look slightly down to see the dark areas on where I need to put concealer, pump my pen once and draw a short line underneath each eye. Next, I use the other end of my beautyblender and tap the concealer beginning from the inner corners of my eyes to the outside of my eyes. I’m currently switching between the Touche Éclat and this mineral concealer and a little goes a longgg way. I’ve had this tube for what seems like light years, that’s how little you need to use each time! Both provide great coverage. I use Shade #2 for the pen concealer and Velour for the mineral concealer.
- Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder – Next, I take my huge bronzer brush (currently 50% off!), dip it into my powder, tap it off and lightly dust my forehead, nose and chin. I’ve tried several drug-store powders over the years, but I keep coming back to this one! Medium 02 is my shade for this product. I’m thinking of trying out their Pressed Fit Me Powder and their Fit Me loose powder since I love their oil control loose powder! If you’ve tried these products, let me know!
- Sephora Wink it Waterproof Eyeliner – After I’m done with my powder, I take my favorite eyeliner and start from the inside corners of my eyelid and draw it out to where I want my wing to stop. Then, I draw upward at an angle from the bottom corner of my eye to form a triangle. Then I fill it in. That’s it! I know a lot of girls think doing winged eyeliner isn’t easy. I didn’t when I first started, it takes practice. I’ve been doing it for over a decade which is why this part usually takes me about 30 seconds. For this eyeliner, just note that there are a lot of mixed reviews. Make sure you read them and go into the store to try it to make sure it’s what you want. I use this eyeliner in 01 Little Black Dress. I also switch it out with Stila ‘Stay All Day’ Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner every once in awhile.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit – Next, I use my face brush on shade the bottom middle shade (light palette) to contour my face. My advice before buying this palette is to test it first in store. It’s better to have powder pans of your favorite shades than to have a few you don’t even use.
- Laura Mercier ‘Bonne Mine’ Stick Face Color – To finish up, I take this color stick and swipe up at an angle from the apples of my cheeks and blend it out with a small brush. I use the Peach Glow color. Just note that this stick lasts you a longgg time if you’re going to do one swipe on each cheek!
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter – Lastly, I use a fan brush and with a light hand, brush it over my highlighter. To finish my look, I brush my highlighter right above my blush and I’m done! I’m currently using the Rose Quartz shade (it’s no longer available as it was limited edition), but I also have it Champagne Pop.
Believe it or not, I have my makeup down to a science where I can get ready in ten minutes. Now, if I’m super sleepy, maybe 15 minutes, haha! How about you?
What does your daily makeup routine look like?
SHOP THE PRODUCTS:
Sorry I didn’t post yesterday. I had a very packed weekend so rather than rush to get a post up, I decided to skip it. It’s funny because my weekend was so packed that I forgot to shoot an upcoming look for this week, haha! Oops! This week will be just as busy, but with the exception of Wednesday so I know it’ll be zooming by!
Anyway, please let me know of your favorite makeup products you use in your daily routine! This beauty junkie would love to know!
Stay tuned because I have another great outfit coming to you next week that I found from Clotheshorse Anonymous!