The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy. —Yves Saint Laurent
To some, being productive helps during trying times.
For others, it may be cleaning and organizing. And to some, sleeping, exercising, drinking plenty of water, and eating healthy helps one’s happiness.
For me, it’s been a mix of everything. And since I’m done with organizing my beauty products, I thought it was time to play with makeup and try some new-to-me products. I like to look at playing with makeup like coloring. It’s therapeutic.
That said, in case you missed it…
In today’s post, I’m breaking down all of my beauty must-haves, holy grails I’m restocking on along with new products I want to try/am trying out!
What I’m Restocking On
– This cleanser is the first I’ve used that does NOT leave that after-cleansing tight and dry feeling. I use this as one of two cleansers to double cleanse so I’m restocking with the bigger bottle this time.
– This is THE best sunscreen ever!!! It’s pretty pricey, but there’s no white cast. My makeup goes on matte afterwards, just the way I like it. If you have combo/oily skin like I do, get this sunscreen.The price is WORTH it! And I’m NOT kidding.
brow wiz, it’s more sustainable because their brow wiz is incased in plastic.– I’m taking the opportunity to stock up on the eyebrow pencil of my dreams during this Sephora Spring Sale! I’ve been using this pencil for years. If you’re wondering why I chose this particular brow pencil over the popular
Luminous Silk Foundation. If you’ve tried this foundation, let me know your thoughts in the comments!– With an SPF of 25, this is my favorite foundation for my combination skin when I want extra coverage. And since the oily side of my skin has calmed down, I want to try their
– My absolute favorite concealer! Goes on creamy and doesn’t cake up at all. My shade is Ginger.
– My holy grail go-to lipstick all year round! It’s not drying and stays put after I eat and drink throughout the day. If I need a touch up, it’s right before the end of my day is over. How’s that for staying power?! I wear the shade Sell Out all-year long and mix it with Cool Girl for fall.
What I’m Trying For the First Time/Want to Try
– I’ve had this product on my wishlist for so long. And if I’m going to try a higher priced powder, this one is it since I’m a huge Charlotte Tilbury fan!– This foundation has been on my “LOVED” list on Sephora for years. I haven’t tried it yet because I want to head into the store to get matched for it…after everything is over, of course!
– Let’s be real. La Mer anything is a definite splurge. However, to be transparent, their famous kelp broth that’s infused in their moisturizer has helped me with my hands. I’ve washed my hands so much lately that I’ve developed a rash. Within days, my hands were healed because of their moisturizer! Why wouldn’t I try their foundation?
TINTED MOISTURIZER/CONCEALER– I’m always looking for new concealers to try and this one has great reviews with most people saying it doesn’t crease!
SETTING POWDER/PRIMER– Why wouldn’t I try the holy-grail of setting powders? * – I have this clean setting powder on my wishlist! – I’ve heard so much about this primer so I had to try it. Even with the Sephora Spring Sale, I’m trying the smaller size to see if I like it first.
BLUSH/BRONZER– I don’t use bronzer much, but the positive reviews make it too good to pass up! – After using a few Patrick Ta products, I’d like to give this blush a try. Since he’s a celebrity makeup artist, why wouldn’t I at least try his products?! * – With summer coming up, I want to try and experiment with more effortless makeup looks. And when we get to travel again, why not get a 2-in-1 clean makeup product?
LANCÔME Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base – This one reminds me of L’Oreal’s mascara primer. The brush looks like something I’d like to use so I added it to my wishlist.
PATRICK TA Major Brow Dual Ended Brow Brush – Patiently waiting for this brow brush to release. I don’t think it will before Sephora Spring Sale ends, but it’s on my wishlist too.
LIPS– I’m looking for a new liquid lipstick to try just to switch things up and this one in shade Slay is sitting in my cart. – I heard how creamy this lip pencil is so I’m nabbing it in Pillow Talk to use with my CT lipstick! – To me, nothing screams summer than coconut scents, so why not try a coconut lip oil? – I swatched this in-store and guys, this will NOT come off. If you want long-lasting lip liner, this is it! The shade She’s Humble is definitely on my radar. – YSL was my first-ever, high-end makeup brand purchase. And if I were to choose a lipstick brand to live with forever, YSL would be it. The color 10 Beige Tribute looks like the perfect nude color! * – Tower 28 is a new clean makeup brand I’ve just discovered and because of this Sephora Spring Sale, this tube is sitting in my cart. Can’t wait to see how this product works on me!
I hope you enjoyed my top makeup favorites and beauty recommendations to invest in during the.
I thoroughly enjoy writing about my holy grail makeup products and beauty recommendations for you guys! If you plan on stocking up or want to try new products while in self-isolation, here are details ofin case you missed it:
ROUGE EARLY ACCESS
April 17 – May 1
Sephora Rouge members have first access to shop the online event at a whopping 20% off with code
April 21 – April 29
VIB members get 15% off event purchases online with code
BEAUTY INSIDER ACCESS
April 23 – April 27
Insider members get 10% off event purchases online with code
Happy shopping! Stay tuned because on Wednesday, I’ll be sharing how I organize my makeup!