For those of you who aren’t in the blogging world, the Liebster award is a way for fellow bloggers to find and support each other within the community. I’m down for this award because that’s exactly what I want She Sweats Diamonds to grow into: a community of strong and like-minded women who are hustling and working hard towards their dreams, while sharing their love for health, fashion, beauty, leadership and life!
If you want to learn more, here are the rules and details:
WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU ARE NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
General rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Write 150-300 words about your favourite blog (not your own because that would defeat the purpose of this award wouldn’t it?) and include links.
- Post 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers that you think deserve this award (with less than 200 followers).
- List these rules in your post/ link to the official rules.
- Let your nominees know they’ve been chosen!
MY FAVORITE BLOG
I have so many favorite bloggers that picking just one is not fair! But if I have to pick just one, I’m choosing Lydia Elise Millen. I actually talked about her and her blog on a previous post about my favorite bloggers. To sum things up, I chose Lydia for the fact that she’s genuine and keeps it all real. She shows us the glamorous life of a successful blogger/vlogger yet also shows the human side of things. She shows her followers stressful days, unmotivated days, how she feels about negative comments on her videos, all of it. Lydia is the kind of person who’s grateful and constantly comes from a place of gratitude.
I always thought I had to be one kind of person to be successful, but after following Lydia and watching her videos, she’s proof that I, too can be a fashionable woman, be silly when I want to and still be taken seriously. I adore the fact that she’s her whole and true self and I also LOVE how she appreciates and acknowledges that her followers are the ones who allow her to do what she loves too! Check her out and see for yourself why I love her. Mayling and I secretly hope that we can be besties with her someday!
10 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I’m Vietnamese, Chinese and French. I found out about the latter two when my daddy died.
- I prefer online shopping instead of going to the mall. If I have to go, I’ll shop on evenings during the weekdays or early on Saturday morning, but be out the doors before everyone shows up at noon, haha!
- What I wanted to be growing up: tornado chaser, meteorologist, dancer, interior designer, in that order.
- I’m a former dancer and the biggest crowd I’ve ever danced in front of was in 2004 with 14,000 people in the audience.
- My living celebrity crushes would be Ryan Reynolds and Eddie Redmayne. For those who passed on, Paul Walker and Heath Ledger – hands down.
- I want to meet successful people like Shawn Mendes. However, I will never go to his concert to meet/befriend him. If we’re meant to meet, I’d want to meet him “organically” and this goes for all successful and famous people.
- Speaking of, sometimes I wonder if famous people are tired of being constantly watched. However, I could totally handle dating a celebrity in secret.
- I’m a huge people person, but I also like my “me time” as well.
- My ideal date would be dinner and a nice walk, talking and getting to know each other.
- Music is life. I played violin in middle school, was in two different choir groups in high school and was in the choir before I helped lead music on the praise team at my old church. To me, music is art. It’s a form of self expression, a way to show your emotions. I love listening to music, especially in church. When the whole congregation sings, I close my eyes and focus on being present. It’s so beautiful and moving that I hold back from crying sometimes.
I NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING BLOGGER BABES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
- Mayling of Loubis & Leggings (heyyy blogging bff!)
- Hannah of Hannah Gladwin
- Hanh of The Hanh Solo
- Dale of Savvy Spice
- Angela Varghese
What do you think of the bloggers I nominated for the Liebster Award?
Have you heard of the Liebster award?