8 Things I’m Looking Forward to This Winter
Happy Friday, friends! I had a lot of fun sharing with you things I looked forward to in the fall, so here I am revisiting this topic for winter!
I thought I’d close out the first week of the year by sharing 8 things I’m looking forward to this winter.
Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year and winter comes in a close second. I know, I sound crazy.
What I mean is a winter I can tolerate. Anything below 30, I’m done for. However, I don’t mind a little snow here and there! There. Does that sound better for this crazy chick?
Speaking of, it was fun to see some teeny tiny flurries on NYE weekend! I think I got my fair share of being a northerner from seeing wanna-be snowflakes on my car window, haha!
- Candles – I love Bath and Body Works candles, but I love Diptyque candles more. Although they are high-end candles, they are worth the price because they burn for long periods of time. For affordable candles, aside from B&BW, I loveee WoodWick candles. My favorite scent so far is Cashmere Blanket. These candles are under $30/jar, but with coupons and promotions, they’re the same price as a B&BW candle at regular price. I love the crackling sound too, so soothing!
- Being even more of a homebody – My bed becomes more appealing than my couch come winter time, haha! I recently moved my television into my bedroom so I could cozy up in bed and watch TV when I was sick. I just love being home during the quiet winter season with the heater on, layers of blankets and my candles crackling in the background.
- Soups/Chilis/Stews – What’s more perfect for cold weather than hot, comfort food? Pho is the ultimate cold weather food (duh), but in second place? My favorite chili! My friends and I have been making it for several years now.
- Winter smells – Give me cinnamon, chocolate, pine, firewood and coffee scents! Heck, just give me coffee scents…mmmm…
- Winter fashion – I love, love, love to layer! And since I cleaned out my closet, I’ve started pinning more booties (this one is on sale for $67!), cute sweaters and cozy cardigans to my fashion wishlist.
- More time with friends and family – I feel like bosses are a bit more lenient on time off during the colder months. I’m thankful I can spend more time with my loved ones.
- Home decor – I just took my Christmas decor down this week. I know, sad panda. But! I’m back to steel blues, silver, different shades of grey with splashes of nude pink here and there. I’m still keeping out my polar bears though!
- Shopping – I love shopping during the winter as much as I do during the fall, online that is, lol! The items I want, but were too expensive are now on major sale. Imagine this: you’re cozy in bed with the television on, your candle crackling and you’re ordering things on your wishlist and score deals while they’re on sale. I mean, what else could make winter a little less dreary?!
That’s it! This is a shorter list, but only because I love fall so much more!
What about you? What do you look forward to this winter?
Even if you hate the cold, find a silver lining somewhere and let me know in the comments! Happy Friday!
Image via cashmere M I L K0